Amazon Web Services
Software Development Engineer Intern
May 2017 = August 2017 | Seattle, Washington
SDE Intern on the AWS Key Management Service team.
Software Development Engineer Intern
June 2016 - December 2016 | Bellevue, Washington
Contributed to development of a new profile page using the .NET MVC framework to replace the legacy page.
Developed browser testing automation using C# and Selenium WebDriver to ensure stability in production.
Designed the testing architecture around automated test generation with Perl to make writing tests effortless.
At Concur, I have learned a lot about software at enterprise scale. I have also been exposed to a wide range of software practices, from untangling legacy code to designing brand new microservices while committing production-ready code to both.
Concepts Collective, LLC
Software Consultant Intern
Janurary 2016 - June 2016 | Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Full stack development of web applications using Python and the Django Framework.
Contributed to development of a database, API, and API clients for a Real Estate analytics platform.
Collaborated with our clients’ developers on integrating our products and emphasizing clean coding practices.
At Concepts Collective, I had my hands deep in the production code of actual products every day. Coming to work and know that what I worked on would be powering a startup’s product was a unique and exciting experience. I learned a lot about clean coding practices and smart engineering directly from the owner and lead engineer.
Software Engineer - Intern
May 2015 - August 2015 | Cleveland, Ohio
Built a custom Windows Forms application in C# from scratch to interface with a SQL database, download information, conditionally restrict SQL table information using logical expressions created from the SQL table.
Repaired a C# application to safely retry a data fetch operation and wrote a comprehensive stored procedure in T-SQL to automate a previously rote data feed import.
At Answers, I learned about software development and how much different it was than the programming I had done in my Computer Science classes. I was hooked, and knew that I wanted to work in software development through my undergraduate program and thereafter.
Case Western Reserve University Division of Student Affairs
Senior Information Systems Assistant
September 2013 - December 2015 | Cleveland, Ohio
Installed, configured, and managed computing equipment in a networked environment.
Solved user issues by troubleshooting then repairing hardware and software problems.
Developed and maintained content including graphics for divisional websites following established style guidelines.
At Student Affairs IT, I learned invaluable lessons about professionalism, customer service, and the difference between the right way to solve problems versus a passable way, especially when customers outside of the organization were involved.
Drexel University College of Medicine
HSSRI Research Intern
June 2012 - August 2012 | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Wrote a Java program to analyze motor primitive sequences extracted from EMG data.
Searched for recurring patterns and lengths of patterns in order to observe motor primitive chords.
These chords can be linked to muscle movements, and provide insight into how the brain controls the muscular system.
At DUCOM, I learned how to apply the programming principles that I had taught myself to actual problems. The experience also provided me with a lot of insight as to how scientific research and data analysis are executed.
Case Western Reserve University
Computer Science, B.A. | Mathematics Minor
August 2013 - December 2017 - Currently in Senior Year
- EECS 391: Artificial Intelligence - Fall 2017
- EECS 325: Networks - Fall 2017
- EECS 340: Algorithms - Spring 2017
- EECS 345: Programming Language Concepts - Spring 2017
- EECS 314: Computer Architecture - Spring 2017
- EECS 338: Operating Systems and Concurrent Programming - Fall 2015
- EECS 341: Database Systems - Fall 2015
- MATH 330: Scientific Computing - Spring 2015
- MATH 308: Intoduction to Abstract Algebra - Spring 2015
- MATH 307: Introduction to Linear Algebra - Fall 2014
- EECS 233: Introduction to Data Structures - Spring 2014
- EECS 302: Discrete Mathematics - Spring 2014
- EECS 132: Introduction to Programming in Java - Fall 2013
- Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity
- Treasurer: Managed and accounted all financial activity with a $150,000 annual budget. Planned budgets for all 26 committees. Implemented online monitoring, payment, and reimbursement options.
- Service Committee Chair: Achieved 93% of yearly service hour goal in one semester
- Hacker Society
- Attended numerous Hackathons (MHacks, HackPrinceton, HackNY, and more) and talks throughout the school year.
- Gave a talk on How to Become a Better Programmer
- Cleveland Foodbank
- Fighting Gobies Ultimate Frisbee Team
- 1st at Sectionals - 2014 Season
- 2nd at Regionals - 2014 Season
Haverford High School
September 2009 - May 2013
I completed my high school education at Haverford High School. While at HHS, I was a member of the FIRST Robotics Team and the National Honors Society. Academically, I was an AP Scholar with Distinction and finished with a 4.59/4.0 weighted GPA. I also played Varsity Lacrosse and Soccer.